Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thanks Hal, I tried that once too. topic

Retired phone dude
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Carl, I'm always careful to err on the side of safety, my money, liability or whatever. That said, I think 110 is assuming a terrific liability, especially if Thor or some idiot applies huge amounts of AC or DC to the phone pair! I'll guarantee you that the GC will NOT stand behind 110, unless it's at least 50 feet behind him! If anything, he'll deny EVER requesting assistance from 110 in getting his phone line back in operation. He'll say that he asked him to determine what happened and who he, the GC, should call. Anybody else have an opinion? If nothing else, 110 should get some sort of liability release. If it was me, I'd show the GC what to do, tell him he shouldn't do it, and RUN, not walk, away!
Duh,uh, I composed and posted this at the end of the 1st page with no thought that there was the slightest chance that there was a 2nd page. I repeat, DUH, UH! John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
110 Offline OP
OP Offline
i was going to leave it alone but when the CO released the pair/binder info i was hooked and wanted to know how to read it. then after learning to read it, i wanted to know if i could solve it. which i did...

i ended up cutting out my temp solution. i don't want to play the odds.

hal, i know a little.

--jp

110, legally in Florida BellSouth is responsible for the termination to any comercial building. You could be held accountable for splicing any feeder coming from the street as that cable belongs to BellSouth.

They use an RJ21x (if you require it) to cross-connect to the inside wiring using bridge clips. This is so they can isolate the cable pair for troubleshooting.If this is a multi tenant building then they, by code, must install a demark inside each tenant space.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Wow, I truly hope that I am not learning more about this stuff through each additional post. I have never heard of any code that requires a telco to install a demark inside each tenant space in a commercial property. I assume that the term "demark" that you use refers to a separate building entrance terminal or minimum point of entry (MPOE)?

I only ask this question because the term is grossly over-used to the extent that the term "point of demarcation", A.K.A. "Demark" has lost its true definition.

No telco is required to place a building entrance terminal or an extended "Demark" in an individual space of commercial property. Just as with other utilities, they are only required to deliver the service to the building, which might not necessarily be the individual street address for the customer.

Beyond that point, it's all time and materials work and most of them are not interested in doing it. They are well within their rights to opt out of premise wiring and many of them do so.

I would really like to have some specifics on this code that you reference and exactly which agency enforces it. Also, what about areas that are NOT served by BellSouth (at&t)? Much of Central and Western Florida is not served by them, but is this code applied to other LEC's, such as Embarq (Sprint), Alltel (Windstream) and Verizon (GTE)?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I know we do not provide a demark in each tenant space. We install to either the basement or a phone closet and it is up to building management or the customer to extend to the proper space. We do this all the time at Malls and office parks. Install in a telco room and the building extends to the stores. The mall owns their own cabling so they must maintain it.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
I don't know an actual code, but I can tell you that the phone company (BellSouth/AT&T, Sprint/Embarq, and the little experience I've had with Verizon) DOES extend the demarc into each tenant space here in Florida. Each tenant in a mall has their own demarc in their suite. Each tenant in an office building has a demarc in their own suite, unless they have a shared phone closet.

The phone company runs the wire, and terminates the RJ21X. Nowadays, they do require a conduit (with pullstring) to each suite, otherwise they might not pull it. I have had to pull the wire for the telco in the past if there was not a conduit.

Again, I don't know if it is a code or if it is just the way things are done around our part of the state.

wow..that must be nice smile

I need to start working in Florida.

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I don't know an actual code, but I can tell you that the phone company (BellSouth/AT&T, Sprint/Embarq, and the little experience I've had with Verizon) DOES extend the demarc into each tenant space here in Florida. Each tenant in a mall has their own demarc in their suite. Each tenant in an office building has a demarc in their own suite, unless they have a shared phone closet.
down here with verizon its hit and miss , mostly they will extend it to the suite sometimes they tag it at the bldg terminal and we need to extend it .

(even with existing cable or conduit and string in place)

Ive asked a few times and never gotten a clear answer as to when they decide where to tag it .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
I'm in South Carolina and in most cases for new construction, the contractor puts in a conduit and " request's " Bell South / AT&T to extend into the suites and it is done. In older commercial buildings I have seen it brought to a main closet. If the customer ask's the carrier to extend to their suite, they will for a fee. Or they just call us to extend it. Basically, if you ask then it will happen, if not then the customer pays companies like ours to do it. MO' MONEY !

"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken"
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,791 CTX100 install
187,936 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024