Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally posted by nfcphoneman:
Originally posted by grider:
[b] :rofl: That was before the signs were painted on!
Dang, you had them "painted" on. There goes my plan... [/b]
Pssst...."removable decals"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

110 Offline OP
OP Offline
The site is in Tallahassee. Circle K right off I-10 exit 199.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
circle K

what do they have one ,two lines ?

Telco shouldnt hit you to badly on that

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
Well, Right, Wrong or otherwise, I feel I must add my 2 cents. (Considering the Real Issue has been handled)

I will never forget the day, early in my career with SWBell, while working as a helper to a Cable Repairman, we pulled our truck up to the place where the POWER COMPANY had just drilled a hole for a new Power Pole.

We were sent there due to numerous trouble reports.

To our surprise, there were all kinds of wires coming out of that Hole for the Pole.

It seems the Power Guys had hit a SPLICE (with over 1500 Pairs in it) DEAD CENTER.

You wouldn't beleive how fast a Construction Truck can Pack Up and leave, once you tell them something like that.

Of course, 3 or 4 days later, all was good.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Merlinman, that is funny, but at the same time not so funny if you know what I mean. Directional boring has brought on an entire new understanding of buried facilities.

Cables literally being destroyed due to digging accidents happen around here all the time. It's usually an entire duct bank that's affected, not a single cable.

If a contractor was aiming for the center of three cables, they would have missed by five feet. When they are trying to avoid existing cables, the contractors manage to hit all of them, dead-center.

It's rare that we don't hear of some kind of area outage on the news weekly at a minimum for this reason.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I used to support one of those old Days Inn properties that were built with a restaurant in their main building. New owners decided to renovate the entire structure, upgrade into a new phone room and demo the old phone room in the process. The demarc was one of those old bakelite and screw terminal jobs and looked to be about 600 pair and I'd noticed quite a few dial tones that didn't belong to the hotel.

I happened to be onsite the day the demo guy started in on the old phone room and the owner called me over to see if I needed to protect any of the old cabling. I had already cutover the new MDF on the other end of the building and had abandoned all the premise pairs but I pointed to the demarc and asked if he'd notified Verizon of his plans to demo. He couldn't seem to understand why Verizon would care, since they'd already put his lines in service at a new NID on the other side of the building. I checked a few pairs, still found dial tones, and told him that he'd better be calling Verizon before anything was done because only they would know if the black cable had been abandoned.

Nothing happened that day but when I came back about a week later I found out that the demo guy had just taken a 'cipsaw to the black cable anyway. Apparently, that demarc was put in so long before divestiture that it had once been a splicing point of some sort and phones were cut off over a half-mile radius!

Of course, the desk clerk who told me about it had worked at that motel forever and her comment was, "Yeah, we used to have phone guys in and out of there every day."

Harry at Telecom Equipment & Consulting
Specializing in Mitel systems for the Hotel/Motel industry
www.TECHarry.com
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Around here, if you want to find a telephone cable or water line, you call a certain backhoe operator. If there's one within a mile, he'll hit it every time.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
The power company has been replacing poles here for the last several months. On day I find we have no water. Seems they augured right through a 12" water main and just missed a 4" gas main. Now you would think that they had Dig Safe (what we used to call Code 53) mark out the buried utilities so that they would know what's there and where. The power companies excuse was that they did have everything located and marked but it snowed covering the marks up. Duh!

So after the main was fixed they have Dig Safe mark everything out again. They marked it on the snow but by the time the guys came back to set the pole the snow melted. Duh again but at least they knew one place where the pole shouldn't go.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
When I lived in Salina, KS, an unamed locator service employee did 2 inaccurate locations in a row. You guys decide which 1 was worse. 900 pr. cable at 2nd most major intersection in town. Electric company dug 5 feet from cable markings to install new co-ordinated traffic light system. You guessed it, DEAD CENTER. Entire NW side of town down! OR. High (As in HIGH) pressure gas main running along side I-135, west side of town. Once again 15 feet from locator marks. DEAD CENTER. You could hear it roaring out of that hole for a mile in any direction. Everybody shut off everything and ran for the hills, county mounties blocked 135 a mile north and south. The motel 150 feet from the hole pulled the mains in their buildings and went door-door saying get out and go west, bus waiting 1/2 mile away. DO NOT DRIVE. Believe it or not, they only took 5 hours to get the gas shut off! And it never did go up in 'noise and awe'. By the way, the 900 pr was fixed in about 6 hours!. So, which 1 was worse? And I should say that to the best of my knowledge, neither mis-locate caused any serious problems. Other than a lot of inconvenience. And I don't know what happened to that employee, but we never had another mis-locate in the 2 years after those, that I was still there.John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
OK all let get it back. topic

Interesting discussion someone may want to start a topic in the booth.

Thanks,

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,729 Shoretel
189,771 CTX100 install
187,933 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Carl Navarro, nonameyet), 113 guests, and 321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024