web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#12360 08/09/06 06:12 AM
OP Offline
A common cliché. It’s usually right. Sometimes not for the reason we think.
I’m careful about talking down the price of goods or services. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t like to pay retail. Always looking for ways to buy things at the “best” price. However, if the (reasonable) person you're buying from or selling to does not feel like they are getting a good trade, there will be resentment. Ok, you twisted the buyers arm a bunch and bought the phones at a great price, but the seller isn’t happy. Next time he sees you comin he’ll remember the last experience. May not be inclined to go the extra mile to help you. Many times you are not just buying the product but the also the service/support that can accompany it. I had a customer once who always paid me more that what I invoiced him for. Know what happened when he needed me to do a MAC? I was there asap. Both parties need to feel like they get a good deal in any trade.

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Good analogy, have you ever thought about being a writer for a telecom magazine?
Would you care if I entered your post in our News Letter ...with recognition to you of coarse and your companies link, if you have one.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Well said Richard!

OP Offline
Originally posted by test-ok:
Good analogy, have you ever thought about being a writer for a telecom magazine?
Would you care if I entered your post in our News Letter ...with recognition to you of coarse and your companies link, if you have one.
I have considered being a writer. I really want to be a radio talk show host.... but that's another subject.
Have not considered writing for a magazine. I seriously appreciate the compliment. Yes, you may use what I wrote in the newsletter. As for a link, this might be of interest to phone guys https://aa.peavey.com/

Richard

OP Offline
Originally posted by nfcphoneman:
Well said Richard!
Thanks

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I have a friend who is a custom home builder. We sell and install phone systems for him in homes where they are requested. Once, I mentioned to him that I was cutting him a deal and he actually asked me not to. He stated that the last thing he wants to do is enter into a business relationship where the sub contractor already feels as if they are on the short end.

His homes are of ultra-high quality and the attitude of his sub-contractors shows in every aspect. He takes care of them and in turn, they take care of him.

I follow his same method of thinking with my subs and suppliers. If they do a good job, then it's only fair to pay them their going rate. Even if it's a little higher, it's worth a few extra bucks in the long run. The headaches gained by cutting corners will far outlive the extra money saved up front.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
RCA Offline
Your absolutely right Ed.

I had a customer yesterday ask me if I do side work (i felt this guy wanted the same service at a cheaper price). I said "No, im loyal to my company AND if i did, i would charge you the same rate."

Rhett
Does any one know if there is a voice mail system out there that works with Mitel SX 200 (analog)

Hi Manwerk and welcome to the board welcome

Your post may be better suited in the Mitel forum or the voicemail forum. Try posting this question in one of those categories for a quick response smile

Goodluck :thumb:

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,748 Shoretel
189,822 CTX100 install
187,947 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024