Hi All, I am new here and found this site looking for info on how one AMI/SF T1 would behave in a VoIP environment where all other T1s are B8ZS. We have an Avaya IPO 400x series and 4 locations connected by T1s. We have had a problem with dropped calls and I believe that the AMI circuit is the cause due to the fact that all calls that come into the location with the AMI circuis and are transferred to a spoke location drop 100% of the time. This doesn't occur when the call is transferred to the hub site, even if the hub then transfers to another spoke. I am having the AMI circuit replaced with a B8ZS circuit on Monday 3/31, and I will have my answer at that time, but I am documenting the issue as we have had this problem for nearly a year and my BP said that the AMI circuit shouldn't be causing problems. Can anyone point me to a white paper or some other documentation that will show that the mix of linecoding can cause serious problems?

Insanity can be defined as doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.