Hello

We have a DCS816 unit in our office which I suspect has probably developed a fault.

I realise of course this is a very old unit and am now looking into replacing the system with current technology. However due to the lead time on that I am investigating a workaround that at least would allow us to recieve incoming calls on what is our main office number.

The problem we are experiencing is a very loud static like noise on calls in and out. The phone rings and we can place calls but the person a the other end is either completely inaudible, or extremely faint to the point of being inaudible. The static noise is constant.

The outside line has been checked and is OK. The internal wiring has not been checked but there is constant green light on the ISDN box which seems to indicate that is fine. As such, and given it's age I am guessing component failure in the DCS816 unit.

Assuming this to be irredeemable, repair being out of the question and so on, is there anyway the box can be bypassed so that we can at least recieve calls somehow? This would the cover us until a new system is in place.

Many thanks

Nick