The interdigit delay is short, but the Caller Input is set to 1 digit anyway, 'Wait while I transfer your call' is heard immediately after pressing a digit. By changing the menu to be a Cisco number, meaning routing to CUCM as if it's a phone, and that number is set to forward to the Unity access number, there's no delay. If the number for the menu is configured in the 5ESS that's forwarded to the Unity access number, there's a delay after selecting digits. Calling the number will play the menu immediately with either method, it's just when selecting a digit to be transferred. Doesn't make a lot of sense logically, as once your listening to the menu you're within Unity and CUCM. What's even more strange is the 'Wait while I transfer your call' is heard immediately even when the number is configured in the 5ESS, forwarded to Unity. The delay occurs after the prompt is heard.

Going forward any number that's a menu initially I'll configure using the first method. We do have a few though where the number will ring a phone or group of phones in the 5ESS initially, if not answered it'll forward to Unity. In that case the delay will occur, and again - only after hearing the 'Wait while I transfer your call' prompt. The 5 second delay doesn't seem to be a big deal to anyone else as it's been that way long before I came on board, it just bugs me.

Last edited by Keyset6; 01/18/23 07:32 PM.