Sure, this would work, but it sounds as if your customer doesn't want AA answering during the day. Unfortunately, that's the only way to address his complaint. I'd have 0 from the auto attendant ring X100 and then put call coverage buttons on all other phones for X100 that you want to ring on incoming calls. Better yet, have it transfer to ext. 0 and designate your attendant station(s) in flash 10. That way, you don't have to drag out a laptop to change this setting later, if needed.

Using a hunt group results in the permanent 'HUNT GROUP XXX' message on the associated phones' displays, which I hate. Besides, by using call coverage buttons, this allows the customer to add or remove members from ringing on incoming calls without a truck roll. This is since call coverage buttons are a user-programmable feature.

You're right though... If he wants to avoid telemarketing calls, the only way he can circumvent them is to have the AA answer all calls. I get the impression that the Amish community wouldn't be too keen on that much technology for a simple phone call.

Incidentally, I always put my VM ports in HG450 so that I can direct lines to them without any VM conditions applied.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX