I heard that about Panasonic, only worked with a couple systems a few times. When I first read about the Panasonic customer I thought they gave you the IP system back! I've heard of that happening a couple times. It was quite a learning curve for some customers with square key systems, but I guess that's the way it is now - VoIP is more common.

The things you have in the shop would be fun to fool around with - or better yet, sell. Speaking of ham, I went to see if my old expired call sign was available after I let it expire years ago. I was so disappointed someone snagged. it. At the time in 1989, I had to pass a 5 word a minute Morse Code test along with the written test. Forgot what class - but it allowed me to be on 2 meters.

Nice you'll have more time to get more involved in things you like such as ham radio. I was lucky - I'm in Connecticut in a pretty good spot. I recall a friend keying up his H.T, a typical Kenwood 5-watt unit ... in my driveway and hitting the repeater on Mt. Greylock in Mass, right near the Vermont border. Then again - that tower is up there,

Last edited by Keyset6; 07/08/22 08:58 PM.