Originally Posted by Spinarama
Provider is Bell Canada.
Apologies I kind of titled it wrong. I keep getting the excuse that it is the DMS-10 and the age of the system from every angle, but I understand DMS-10 is great infrastructure.
The tech who came in to install the second line said the features are not available. I also called the Manager for the region, this is also the person who would sign off on line disconnects or any major work, he also said it is a really old DMS-10 infrastructure and the features are not available. It has been like this for years in this Village I was told. Apparently surrounding Towns and Villages have seen updates while this one has not. I suspect they would not have purchased updates since the 80's, though that seems baffling.

In this area even call display sometimes gets mixed up. Customer calls in who I know is at home 10KM away, the call display shows up as our next door neighbour, another business. At times we'll get calls in asking if we called them. No calls out had happened that day but the person calling was adamant their call display showed our name. So I suspect these call displays are crossing.

Would VOIP be the best solution? Cost isn't necessarily the main concern here. A steady and stable solution would be good value.

I've no time to lobby this provider - a really big provider here in Canada. They just don't care about small markets, usually the government has to legislate them into upgrades. In this case that may have happened years ago, who knows.

One of my radio station clients is in a town served by a small cooperative phone company, with a DMS-10 installed in 1985 or so, and we've always had rollover/hunt group and advanced calling features.

Yeah, your ILEC sucks.I hope you don't have to depend on Bell Canada for your Internet.