What are you thinking? Pay the $1400 annual fee, or now, you lose the ability to send in out of warranty stuff for repair.

Seems like desperation has overtaken the company. I don't know, but I think I'm happy to be on the downhill side of telecom sales and service. The sad part is I love what I do, but it's getting harder to get excited about the latest trend in the industry. I like SIP trunking and the latest hardware of an IP PBX, but sometimes digital phones and traditional lines work just as well for the startup business. I hated cell phones as a means of communication, but now it's become a necessary evil.

I remember the parallels of Comdial and Intertel trying to control distribution and pricing themselves out of the market by requiring dealer commitments that were unsustainable. Are you next ESI, or is Panasonic going to beat you?

Of course, on the plus side, we're soon getting to the place where you buy a phone from one vendor (pick your favorite) and your software/hardware or cloud service from someone else. It's almost like the 1A2 days!!!

Carl