I was at an install the other day and had a decent conversation with the Comcast tech. Some friends of mine are opening a retail store and opted for phone/tv/internet service from Comcast. I may rag on Comcast frequently, but that mostly has to do with their business practices. Just about all their installers are pretty decent guys who care about their work. There's the occasional bad apple, sure. Anyways... I had a pretty lengthy talk with the tech and he was telling me about how Comcast is slowly changing their infrastructure over. He said that all new developments will be fiber fed, at least in this area. Any new buildouts will be strictly fiber. Right now, most of their infrastructure is FTTN, with coax for the last mile. He rattled off a handful of new developments, neighborhoods and apartment complexes in my area that are all FTTH. He told me which ONT they're using, but it escapes me at the moment. I thought that was a pretty neat thing. I also think Comcast is finally seeing the writing on the wall that people want high speed internet more than they really want cable TV.

Come on, Consolidated.... Where's your fiber?