I read the other posts on grounding but I have some questions. I have been asked to connect two buildings via a 25 pr aerial cable.
I figured that the right way was to install the primary protectors outside and include secondary protectors inside at the KSU. Digital phones on other end. I assumed (I know!) that primary gas tube terminals with binding posts ( I was told punch-downs arent good for outside) would be easy to find (with weather proof housing) Emerson Network Power makes them but no one has them. With SO MANY of the terminals NOT meant for outdoors installation- And I see alot of primary protection indoors- is there a rule regarding this? How far can I go in before I need the protection? I obviously havnt read the NEC and Im hoping someone who has can help me out. I did find some outdoor terminals that were very expensive and Im hoping to not have to spend $600 per building as mentioned on an earlier post.
Ive been reading up on grounding for amateur radio stations and alot of it applies to telecom as well. I realize just how poorly done most installations really are! I already have learned one lesson regarding pricing for lightning protection. I assumed that if a 25 pr indoor terminal with modules costs $200 then an outdoor one would be similar. I was wrong. So now Im trying to do a safe installation at minimum cost. Or will I just have to learn this lesson the hard way? Thanks!
PS the aerial cable is only 20 feet and my equipment is another 20 feet inside.