OK, I know I'm opening up a can of worms here (I don't know if I should continue this in my previous post or start anew)
In my earlier post "gen. quest." I discussed how "I" terminated outside plant cables(burial/arial)and how I find grounds. Several replies said I was doing my grounds wrong. I did a "search" on grounding on came up with numerous post,some which frightened me and others that basically did the same as me.What is wrong with "Meter to AC volts, one leg of meter plug into right side of outlet, other leg touching metal water pipe or building beam, and if I read 120V I know that it is grounded" To me, this is an electrical ground.Why should I create a differnt ground with a better potential to ground? A lightning strike is always looking for least resistance to ground. By using my stated method am I not creating a path THRU my equip. yet if I create another ground (grounding rod) with less potential isn't that going to attarct the strike more (and hence THRU my equip)?

One other thing, gotten into arguments with others concerning path of ground wire. I have always done straight as possible, short as possible.Several co-workers, when grounding a data rack, would put a curley ( several wraps around a screwdriver handle)tail before attaching to rack and ground.