The ones posted above are the only ones that I know about that will store tests to be printed later. Fluke makes a bunch of testers that are so specific that you need more than one to do all you want to do. Network tools that ping, and ones that don't. So you can end up spending a lot.

I have three testers that I use. The JDSU Testifier...a simple wire mapper that also uses 20 remotes for the sole purpose of identifing cables not testing them. It costs just over 100 bucks plus 35 for the remotes. There are two kits, rj11 and rj45 for voice and data. It will also use the remotes from the Lancaster tools.

I use the JDSU Lancaster. It is a wire mapper and tester with 8 remotes that checks all four pairs, provides cable length. It will also ping and validate using DHCP any network connection up to 100m. It cost around 300 bucks.

The Pro version cost about 450 and will validate up to 1gig. It does not store or print results.

The JDSU Tri-Porter is a combo of the above tools, will test network connections up to 1 gig as well as being an analog voice test set. Really cool device but it cost around 650 dollars. It is on my list to puchase as an upgrade to my Lancaster.

I also have an older version of the RWC.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.