Originally posted by justbill:
when fishing from the basement or crawl space drive and counter set a 16 penny finish nail to Mark your plate, don't forget to allow for any molding.

Get some long route/cable marking flags if wiring a double wide or crawl space. Tie all your cables on the wire so you only have to go under the building once.

Use pulleys on long pulls and around corners.

My last one for now, watch your language on that difficult fish, a customer may be listening. Boy I could write a book on this one. laugh
Dave, Bill -

All good advice. I'm also a big believer in Pulleys for going around corners.

Re' watching your language on a tough pull -

I was pulling cable (or trying to) down a plaster wall in an occupied hospital office. The lath was metal and of course when I cut a hole to pull the cable out the ends of the lath were sharp and consistently cut my hand. I was at it a good 10 minutes and was bleeding all over the carpet when one of the secretaries piped up complaining about the mess I was making.

I caught myself cursing under my breath and noticed all the women staring at me. I shut up. I was still at it, (still bleeding!) 5 minutes later when I finally got the nose down out of the hole and my partner pipes up on the walkie-talkie - "OK - that's all there is."

I almost dropped the MF-Bomb, caught myself and let loose with a blast in Yiddish. After all who would understand it?

No one in the office said anything and then the 75 year old lady in the corner walked over to me, leaned down and whispered with a grin:

"My little sister's sweaty what?"

Good thing she grinned, As it was I almost died.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"