Originally posted by zapatogrande:

I have for a customer who often looses his T1 lines at random intervals, although the restoration process sometime takes days.

There is a 24/25 pair cable which feeds from the DMARC to the EU server Room

My recommendation to this customer is that the T1 circuits be placed in an Individually Shielded Twisted Pair (ISTP) 22AWG T1 cable.
Right off the bat I’m confused... I’m reading this as the failings are on the VZ side of the demarc, yet your resolution suggestion is to re-cable demarc to end-user server room? Am I misreading something?

Originally posted by zapatogrande:

The apparent problem is that the 2 T1 circuits which are in the 25 pair cable are causing interference with each other, possibly the DSL service (or vice versa) and the vacant pairs due to the phenomenon known as signal coupling.

Do you know or make note of what type of cards are in Slot 2 and Slot 6 for the two DS1 circuits? Depending on the technology used to deploy the circuits over copper to your customers premise, there is a possibility of issues there. I’m reluctant to say that will fix your issues but there are technolgies that do not play nice with each other.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)