I have a job where the system keeps calling 911, and the cops are really getting upset.

It is a DK40 with Stratagy Flash. Here's what I have done: I disabled outdialing on the flash, and tested every analog port. No outside line is possible for the VM. You get a busy tone if you try. I actually restricted the phone system so even the handsets can't call 911.(temporary test) Cbeyond is the provider, and the lines are coming in on a T1 over a channel bank. They sent a report showing the calls are coming from no specific number, it's any of their lines that could be calling. That rules out a fax or other line specific gadget.

The customer said she called in to the VM and while in a mailbox, she dialed 911. She did this three times, and the 911 center said they got three 911 calls at that time.

So I built a 911 mailbox to intercept calls in case someone was dialing those digits. If they do, it goes to that box and hangs up.

After all this, I left yesterday, and they promptly had five more 911 calls. Can the Cbeyond router be causing this? It started the day they installed a replacement router, but of course they swear it can't be their equipment.

If no phone and no analog port can possibly dial 911, how can this still be happening? Can a system call 911 during an active call, if someone dials it? Or if a phone number happens to have 911 in the string, such as 591-1234, could that trigger it? I'm at a loss.

Venture Teleservices