Howdy,

I'm the IT Admin at a firm and I've recently been assigned to deal with phones without any prior knowledge, so forgive me if I'm unclear or using wrong terms.

We recently had two new extensions added to our phone system, but they don't seem to be properly configured. When the receptionist forwards a call to a new extension the phone rings forever without defaulting to the voice mail. So, I've researched enough to figure out that Call Forwarding needs to be set. However, everytime I try to set Call Forward - Busy / No Answer, I get a disruptive tone and the data is not programmed.

I've assigned the voice mail a mailbox number [DN]+656 and programmed the message retrieval [DN]+657 already, but using the #604 programming number never works. The only clue I have left is that the guide says "If you hear a re-order tone when following any of the Call Forward steps, your telephone is not the owner of the [PDN]/[PhDN]." So, assuming this is the issue, I scoured the user guide and couldn't find any information on how to set this detail.

So, my real question is: How do I set a telephone to be the owner of the extension?

Thanks in advance for any help!