atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rhythmrider ADIX APS VMAC memory card upgrade? - 05/04/06 12:19 PM
We have an APS with the VMAC voicemail card in it.
I am going to completely reprogram it for a new office. (No need to save any VM data)

The 64MB compact flash memory card looks like a "standard" compact flash card. (available at Walmart smile It even fits in my PC flash reader.

Is it possible to put in a 128MB flash card to upgrade my mailbox recording capacity of number of available mailboxes?

Thanks!
DP
Posted By: Jadix Re: ADIX APS VMAC memory card upgrade? - 05/04/06 02:41 PM
I would not suggest doing this. How big is your company? The smallest VMI comes with 50 mailboxes and 8 hours of storage time.
Posted By: XConnect Re: ADIX APS VMAC memory card upgrade? - 05/06/06 08:44 PM
We had a VS voicmail card from a VMAC that was locked up. We swapped the flash card from a known good vm card to the problem card and it took care of the problem. I can tell you, because we tried, that just any old flash card will not work. In addition, we were not able to read the data stored on the flash card with our reader. After looking up pricing for a new card from Iwatsu, it was not worth it.
Posted By: rhythmrider Re: ADIX APS VMAC memory card upgrade? - 06/28/06 01:55 PM
After looking into this some more, I have discovered the following.

I am posting just for information sake.

1. The flash memory card is an ordinary $8 compactflash card.

2. The formatting on the card is unique to the VMI system.

3. You cannot copy from a 64mb card to a 128MB card to increase space, you just get the 64mb "file system" on a 128MB card.

4. You can copy from one 128MB card to another with the right software. And the copy will work fine. This may violate the VMI software license agreement if you are making copies for use on other ADIX systems.

5. You can buy a 128mb flash card from Iwatsu to upgrade your 64mb VMI voicemail. You will need to reprogram your complete voicemail system to do it.

That's all!
Dana
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help